Maintenance of a Fastlane Pools® Fitness System is relatively simple because it's smaller in size than a regular swimming pool but there's still some work involved in maintaining it. Regularly caring and maintaining your swim spa will ultimately determine how long your swim spa and its components will last.
Swim Spa Maintenance Considerations
This is one of the most important areas of your swim spa ownership. Your dealer will guide you through maintenance orientation, but some pointers to know include:
- Once a week, test your water with a test strip or each time the swim spa is used.
- To maintain water chemistry, measure and dispense water care products into the water according to your swim spa manual
- Depending on how much it is used, you will need to change 50% of your swim spa water every year. Consult with your local dealer for more information.
- A weekly or monthly super chlorination may be required, depending on use
Your personal usage, including frequency and the number of occupants, will all determine how often you will need to clean your filters. We recommend checking and cleaning the filters, once every two to four weeks to ensure proper filter flow.
The filter cycle can be adjusted on your control panel to run up to two times a day for as long as 12 hours per session. You have the option of changing the days, start times, and length of time.
Your swim spa is designed for year-round use in any climate; however, if not in use or not winterised properly, extremely cold temperatures could cause damage. Additionally, outdoor Fitness Systems have weather-related considerations, and those who live in colder climates need to take extra precautions. Please see your local dealer for help with proper winter use of your Fitness System.
- Clean your swim spa’s acrylic shell regularly with water and a soft rag or nylon scrubber — you may also want to use a Stain and Scale Inhibitor if your swim spa has a high concentration of dissolved minerals
- Remove and clean pillows whenever the swim spa shell is being cleaned
- Regularly clean the swim spa cabinet with a mild soap and water solution
- Rinse dirt or debris off the vinyl cover once per month
Your local dealer can provide a swim spa maintenance orientation when you purchase your swim spa; of course, you should also consult your owner’s manual for more detailed information.